[MCN] A straightforward map that tells us much about wildfire

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Wed Sep 16 10:30:31 EDT 2015

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

"Finally, we are committed to a high level of consumption because,
whether we need the goods or not, we very much need the employment
their production provides."

John K. Galbraith. "How much should a country consume?"
In Jarrett, Henry (editor), Perspectives on Conservation. John
Hopkins Press. 1958

"In an attempt to clarify the issues, first let us advance the
following proposition: The more wasteful a society the greater the
employment opportunities."

Kimon Valaskakis, Peter S. Sindell, J. Graham Smith, and Iris
Fitzpatrick-Martin. The Conserver Society. 1970. Harper & Row.