[MCN] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 20th Annual Forestry Day at Historic Fort Missoula

Development Director developmentdirector at montana.com
Mon Apr 25 17:05:24 EDT 2016

Thank you for helping us inform our community about this family fun event!

20th Annual Forestry Day at Historic Fort Missoula

Saturday, April 30th from 9:00am to 4:00pm

Held at the SAF Forestry Interpretive Area and the Garrett Grothen Memorial
Arena at the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula

Every April the Missoula Valley of Western Montana comes alive with a timber
sports event that you won't want to miss! That's when Missoula celebrates
the skill and bravery of those who work in the time honored tradition of
logging with the only Pro/Amateur event known to exist in the Nation!

The laid back atmosphere of this fun and family oriented weekend draws
thousands of enthusiastic onlookers and expert competitors. From the very
young to the very old, there's something for everyone!

Beer Garden sponsored by Draught Works Brewery and food available by the
Student Chapter of the Society of American Foresters

Don't miss out on the many events, demonstrations, and kid's activities held
throughout the day!

*         Professional Logger Sport Competition

o    From USA and Canada to New Zealand, competitors from all over the world
will be present for this one-day event!

o    Pros, Collegiate, and Amateur contestants will compete head-to-head all
day long.

*         See Restored Antique Logging Equipment Demonstrations!

*         Horse-Drawn High Wheel Log hauler and Steam-Powered Tractor

*         Live Antique Lumber Mill Demonstration

*         Kids Lumberjack(Jill) Activities!

*         $4 Entry Fee for Adults; $3 for Seniors; $2 for Students; $10 for
Families

*         Kids under 6 and HMFM members get in free!

Jessie

Jessie Rogers

Development

Historical Museum at Fort Missoula

406-728-3476, ext. 5

Cell: 406-240-3967

ASK ME about  <https://givelocalmissoula.org/> Give Local Missoula County
and how you can support HMFM and the Montana Community! In 2015, 270K was
raised in 24hrs for our community! Help us make a million for MT in 2016

 <https://www.facebook.com/historical.museum.at.fort.missoula?fref=ts> LIKE
us on Facebook to keep updated on our events and exhibit openings!

"History is not a burden on the memory, but an illumination of the soul!"
--- Lord Acton