[MCN] Carbon farming: 2 quick looks at recent trends

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Jan 9 10:25:34 EST 2016

Large-scale carbon farming trials planned for central west
ABC Online (Australian Broadcastiing Corporation)
It is hoped a proposed carbon farming project in central west New
South Wales could play a key role in shoring up food security and
maximising soil ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-05/large-scale-carbon-farming-trials-planned-for-central-west/7067098

The Soil Pioneers: Local farmers dig for climate change solutions
Sonoma Valley Sun
The Four Per Thousand Initiative states that increasing soil carbon
by .4 percent if practiced worldwide could actually reduce greenhouse
gases by 75 ...

http://sonomasun.com/2016/01/08/the-soil-pioneers-local-farmers-dig-for-climate-change-solutions/

"The energy that sustains all living systems is solar energy ... It
is solar energy that moves the rabbit, the deer, the whale, the boy
on the bicycle outside my window, my pencil as I write these words."

"How much of the energy that runs the biosphere can be diverted to
the support of a single species : man?"

George M. Woodwell. "The Energy Cycle of the Biosphere."
Scientific American, September 1970.

"We have only one planet and the time has come to transform our
present lifestyle and consumption patterns in order to halt the
degradation of the Earth's natural capital ..."

 From the Executive Summary, WWF:  China Ecological Footprint: Report
2012 : Consumption, production, and sustainability.