[MCN] Speak Out, Divest UM from Violent Energy!

Simon Dykstra simon.l.dykstra at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 23:36:05 EDT 2016

On *Thursday, September 29th at noon in the University Center*, Reinvest
Montana, UM's student-led fossil fuel divestment campaign, is hosting a
rally calling upon the UM Foundation to divest from fossil fuels and
reinvest that money in community-owned clean energy. We are also mobilizing
to voice solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux.

*Thousands of people are holding it down at Standing Rock* to protect water
and land, and thousands more are streaming in to join the struggle. Plus,
the divestment movement continues to grow! Last semester, 16 UM students
were arrested for refusing to leave Gilkey Hall before Mack Clapp (Chairman
of the Investment Committee) took action on divestment. *LET'S BUILD ON
THIS MOMENTUM.*

*SEPTEMBER 29th IS THE ONE TIME THIS YEAR ALL UM FOUNDATION TRUSTEES--THE
DECISION MAKERS-- WILL BE IN TOWN.*

Join us to voice solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux and push through
some local changes that effect the larger climate justice movement and
movement to stop the fossil fuel industry. We call on Mack Clapp and the UM
Foundation to lead with students by divesting from violent energy and
reinvesting in a just and stable future.

Also, there will be a human oil spill at the end -- so wear Black clothing!

*See you there,*

*Simon Dykstra*
*Coordinator*
*Reinvest Montana*