[MCN] Congolese Music and Dance Workshop and Gathering January 12-14, 2017

Ream, Tarn Tarn.Ream at mso.umt.edu
Sun Jan 8 21:40:21 EST 2017

For Immediate Release (POSTER ATTACHED):

World-renowned Congolese artist Mabiba Baegne will be teaching dance, drum, and song classes in Missoula January 12-14, 2017.  Unity Dance & Drum, with help from Soft Landing of Missoula, will also host a gathering and potluck (bring a dish to share!) from 11am-2pm, complete with African food, an informal dance class, singing, presentations, and socializing to honor and welcome our newly resettled Congolese families. You will need a ticket for the gathering but IT IS FREE (we have limited space)--we are suggesting a donation of $5 to $50. You can get tickets at any of the workshop classes or at the door!
All events will be at the Missoula Senior Center. Classes are $20/person/class.
more info on our FB event page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/741180146029668/
Class Schedule
Thursday, January 12
4:30-6:00pm dance
6:00-7:30pm drum
Friday, January 13
4:30-6:00pm drum
6:00-7:30p dance
Saturday, January 14
10:00-11:00am song
2:00-3:30pm dance
3:30-5:00pm West African Dun class (we need 10 people minimum to hold this class! Please call 549-7933 or email tarn.ream at umontana.edu<mailto:tarn.ream at umontana.edu> to register, prior experience suggested!)

Saturday, Jan. 14 Gathering 11am-2pm FREE with a ticket (space is limited) donations of $5 to $50 encouraged. Tickets will be available at all workshop classes and at the door.

All best, Tarn Ream

It is in the shelter of each other that the people live.
                                    -Irish proverb