[MCN] The climate situation, very well-summarized for non-technical readers

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Jul 8 08:07:26 EDT 2017

https://theconversation.com/if-we-stopped-emitting-greenhouse-gases-right-now-would-we-stop-climate-change-78882 <https://theconversation.com/if-we-stopped-emitting-greenhouse-gases-right-now-would-we-stop-climate-change-78882>

“What can be said with assurance is that there is a unique and nearly ubiquitous compound,
with the empirical formula H(2960) O(1480) C(1480) N(16) P(1.8) S called living matter. Its
synthesis, on an oxidized and uncarboxylated earth, is the most intricate feat of chemical
engineering ever performed – and the most delicate operation that people have ever tampered
with.”

Edward S. Deevey, Jr. Mineral Cycles.
Scientific American, September 1970