[MCN] Observe polar bears in the wild with the Great Bear Foundation

Shannon Donahue gbf at greatbear.org
Mon Sep 10 15:01:45 EDT 2018

The Great Bear Foundation has space available on both sessions of our
fall Polar Bear Ecology Field Courses this October/November. Travel with
us to Churchill, Manitoba to witness the peak of the Western Hudson Bay
polar bear migration as the bears congregate near the mouth of the
Churchill River, waiting for the first sea ice to form on Hudson Bay.
Field courses are limited to small groups to keep the experience
intimate, and we strive to minimize our impact on wildlife and habitat,
while also offering a high quality experience observing arctic wildlife
in its natural habitat.

100% of proceeds fund our bear conservation and education programs.

Session I: Intro to Polar Bear Ecology, October 30-Nov 3
An overview of polar bear ecology, conservation, and behavior, with
lessons on photography, the Arctic, and northern cultures.

Session II: Sharing Habitat with Polar Bears, Nov 6-10
In addition to general polar bear ecology, this course focuses on how
humans andC polar bears coexist—community responses to living with polar
bears, how Indigenous peoples have historically coexisted with bears,
and how we as global citizens share a planet with polar bears in rapidly
changing times.

More information is available at
http://greatbear.org/field-courses/#arcticecotrip

or contact me at shannon at greatbear.org to register.

Thank you,

Shannon Donahue

--
Shannon Donahue
Executive Director

Northern Office: PO Box 1616 ~ Haines, AK 99827
112 White Fang Way, Dalton City, Haines, Alaska
Phone: (907) 766-2024  Cell: (907) 303-2327

Montana Office: PO Box 9383 ~ Missoula, MT 59807
Phone: (406) 829-9378

"In the end, the most difficult aspect of making real gains in grizzly
bear
conservation may be mustering the social and political will to implement
change.”

-Gibeau, Clevenger, Herrero and Wierzchowski, 2002