[MCN] Dutch court rules people have right to protection from climate change, government must reduce greenhouse gas emissions

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sun Dec 22 08:49:40 EST 2019

Climate change: Dutch court rules people have a fundamental right to be protected from climate change, government must reduce greenhouse gas emissions <https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEKR20hRhkqaqr9nz5kJkR8IqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICMKb_xAU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen>
The Dutch government must cut greenhouse gas emissions by 25% by the end of 2020 to protect its citizens from the effects of climate change.
CBS News <https://news.google.com/publications/CAAqBwgKMMjY-gow8ojyAg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen>
2 days ago

“It’s time that everyone, from the humble homeowner to the highest levels of business and government, rethink their relationship with energy and take action.

"Relying on renewables alone won’t be enough.”

<<https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikehughes1/2019/08/02/climate-change-18-months-to-save-the-world/#166763c749bd>>

“Collective action works; we have proved that. But to change everything, we need everyone.

"Each and every one of us must participate in the climate resistance movement.”

Greta Thunberg, youth climate strike leader in Sweden.
Luisa Neubauer, German climate activist.
Angela Valenzuela, Fridays for Future in Santiago, Chile.

<<https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/29/why-we-strike-again>>