[MCN] 7, 000+ Colleges and Universities Declare Climate Emergency, Unveil Three-Point Plan to Combat It

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Wed Jul 10 18:16:34 EDT 2019

Published on
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
byCommon Dreams <https://www.commondreams.org/>
7,000+ Colleges and Universities Declare Climate Emergency and Unveil Three-Point Plan to Combat It
"We all need to work together to nurture a habitable planet for future generations and to play our part in building a greener and cleaner future for all."
byJessica Corbett, staff writer <https://www.commondreams.org/author/jessica-corbett-staff-writer>
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/10/7000-colleges-and-universities-declare-climate-emergency-and-unveil-three-point-plan? <https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/10/7000-colleges-and-universities-declare-climate-emergency-and-unveil-three-point-plan?>

“The factor that best explained variation in extinction risk was the level of future climate change. The future global extinction risk from climate change is predicted not only to increase but to accelerate as global temperatures rise.”

Mark C. Urban. Accelerating extinction risk from climate change.

SCIENCE 1 MAY 2015 • VOL 348 ISSUE 6234