[MCN] Breathe, damage your brain [ If you can, play and listen to "Air" from the soundtrack for the musical, Hair ]

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Mon Jun 15 10:42:22 EDT 2020

"News Release 15-Jun-2020
Exposure to air pollution impairs cellular energy metabolism
UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN FINLAND
Exposure to air particulate matter impairs the metabolism of olfactory mucosal cells, according to a recent study from the University of Eastern Finland. The results can contribute to a better understanding of how air pollutants may harm brain health, as the olfactory mucosa can act as a key pathway to the brain.

JOURNAL
Particle and Fibre Toxicology Journal
 <https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-06/uoef-eta061520.php>https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-06/uoef-eta061520.php <https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-06/uoef-eta061520.php>
From Energy Transition to Energy Reduction
By Chris Smaje
My request to those working in the renewable energy industry is to ask themselves before undertaking any new project: “Will this help people to live a lower energy lifestyle than they previously did?” – which, regrettably, is not something we can say of the low carbon energy installed globally to date. If they can’t answer yes to the question, I’d request they dump the project and seek another one. It’s urgent.

<<https://www.resilience.org/stories/2020-05-20/from-energy-transition-to-energy-reduction/>>

Spending the planet for energy intensive lifestyles

<<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GorqroigqM <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GorqroigqM>>>