[MCN] Homeword's ONLINE Classes

Erin Ojala Erin at homeword.org
Wed May 20 18:00:22 EDT 2020

Homeword’s Free ONLINE Rent Wise Workshop
Homeword’s Free Online Rent Wise Workshop
June 4, 2020 from 5:30-7:30pm or June 18, 2020 from 3-5pm

Are you rent wise? Our free Rent Wise workshop will teach you the keys to successful renting, including:

·        How your credit score impacts renting

·        How to improve your credit score for renting

·        Common reasons for rental rejections and how to move past them

·        Savings goals for overcoming renting barriers

This workshop focuses on the impact of credit and rental history, how to improve your credit score, and the strategies and tools to overcome rental barriers to establish a good relationship with your landlord.

Rent Wise is about learning how to overcome negative perceptions and rental barriers to become a great renter. Homeword is here to help teach you the tools and judgment skills to advocate for your goals and get into and stay in a rental home. For more information about the course, please review the Key Topics<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/homewordmt-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/erin_homeword_org/EYvkAPqw5ixMpKnj1oosET8Bb7SE1fubBlWslnARSIbmPw?e=2aTSge__;!!GaaboA!4drHSW3I2tSRWZOKwRrWOekqsq3Y_xGgjmrg49ekrClBS9FXAFJPZF2rBvJBET4i$>. Register online at: https://HomewordScheduling.as.me/?appointmentType=category:Rent%20Wise or call 406.532.4663 x10.

Homeword’s ONLINE First Time Homebuyer Class
Get Ready for HomeOwnership with Homeword!
 June 9-10-11, 2020 from 6-9pm or June 27, 2020 from 9am-6pm

Thinking of buying a home? Learn the basics of the homebuying process through our nationally-certified HomeOwnership Class.

Our Homebuyer Class will teach you how to:
·        Select a lender
·        Determine what you can afford
·        Use your credit wisely
·        Distinguish between different types of loans
·        Understand home inspections and insurance
·        Identify special financing programs
·        Work with a real estate professional
·        Evaluate the pros and cons of homeownership

This 9 hour class is taught by a Homeword’s HUD Certified Housing Counselor and Homebuyer Educator, Julie Pavlish and other professionals. Registration required. $35 per person. Light refreshments provided. Register online at https://HomewordScheduling.as.me/?appointmentType=category:Homebuyer%20Education. Questions? Call please call 406.532.4663 x10

Homeword’s Free ONLINE Financial Skill Building Class
June 16-17-18, 2020 from 6-9pm

 We believe financial resilience comes from having the financial judgement and decision-making skills to dodge pitfalls and make the right money moves for your future.
Come build your financial skills in this free class where you'll learn about the 8 essential topics of your complex financial world. After this class, you will be empowered to navigate your financial world today and advocate for your future. The class includes COVID-19 specific information throughout to help you through this challenging time.
Learn how to take charge of your financial life, including:
•        Maintaining a living breathing budget
•        Building judgement and risk assessment for your money
•        Learning how to manage and grow your credit score
•        Using banking to open financial opportunities
•        Understanding how to invest for your future
•        Managing tax liability
•        Leveraging health insurance: how to pay less and protect yourself from medical expenses
•        Understanding student loans and repayment options
Classes are taught by Homeword’s Financial Educator, Katie Sadowski, and other professionals. Classes are FREE and open to the public. Join us for our next virtual class by registering online at https://HomewordScheduling.as.me/?appointmentType=category:Financial%20Education. Questions? Please call 406.532.4663 x10.