[MCN] Online Communication Classes

Patrick Marsolek info at patrickmarsolek.com
Sat Oct 10 19:31:19 EDT 2020

Hi folks,

As we head into fall, and with the political season heating up before the election, I thought some more Compassionate Communication practice, learning and support would be welcome. So, I’m offering a couple classes coming up.

Below you’ll see the details on the typical Introductory Communication Class <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/CommunicationMissoula>, which I run as a six week series on Monday nights.

I’m also offering a four week NVC Ongoing - Practical Applications <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/node/221>, Tuesday evening class that starts this next Tuesday for folks to spend more time practicing with others using these tools and having challenging conversations

Please feel free to pass along this information to anyone you know who might be interested and who might be needing some compassionate connecting in a difficult time!

Warm regards,

Patrick

Communication Class - Online - Fundamentals  <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/CommunicationMissoula>
Six Monday evenings - October 19th - November 23rd.
Cost $75 (or donation) •  6:00 pm to 7:30 pm

This class is an online video class for safety from the Corona virus.

Also, because of the financial repercussions, I am making this available at whatever rate you are comfortable paying!

To register for this class, please use the donate button below.

You're welcome to choose an amount that you're comfortable with; that fits your means and also values Patrick's work. When you check out, just make a note that it's for the communication class!  (Normally, I charge $75 for this class, but please do join for whatever amount you can afford.)

Register Online <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/CommunicationMissoula>
Join us for an exploration of Fundamental communication skills. You can learn the importance of feelings and how they connect with your inner values and needs. You can learn how your inner values direct your actions, communications, emotional expressions and all forms of behavior. You can practice recognizing and valuing other people’s expression of their values and needs.

This class will have lots of practice during Zoom sessions and opportunities for learning and practice each week between classes.
This class is based on the work of Marshall Rosenberg and the Center for Nonviolent Communication <http://www.cnvc.org/>.

Some of the basics we'll cover will be;

Connecting Needs to Feelings.
Learning how to make connective requests.
Learning how to receive information clearly without judgement.
Translating judgments into positive action.
Giving and receiving empathy.
How to respond when we hear a "NO".
How to express our needs so that they're more easily heard.

NVC Ongoing - Practical Applications! <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/node/221>
Four Tuesday evenings - October 13th - November 10th.

(We will skip Tuesday November 3rd, election night.)

Cost: $50 (or donation) • 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm

This class is an online video class for safety from the Corona virus.

Also, because of the financial repercussions, I am making this available at whatever rate you are comfortable paying!

Join us for more in depth practice of NVC skills applied to our lives, including work challenges, family conflicts and connecting across belief divides.  The introductory class is a prerequisite for this class.
This class will be mostly "hands-on" practice in the group and in smaller pairs and triads applying and deepening our understanding of communicating the feelings and needs that are alive in us.

Empathy
Role Play
Practicing with Hard-to-hear statements.
Re-empowering ourselves in challenging relationships.
NVC dance floor. (Working with a map of our moment-by-moment expression and connection in NVC.)
Deepening the practice of holding presence with ourselves and others.

Register Here! <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/node/221>

Follow your heart.

Inner Workings Resources
www.InnerWorkingsResources.com <http://www.innerworkingsresources.com/>