[MCN] UM's Wilderness and Civilization Program accepting applications until April 1

Stephens, Andrea andrea.stephens at mso.umt.edu
Wed Feb 24 14:05:21 EST 2021

Could you please post this information to the MCN listserv?  Thanks so much.

Now in its 50th year at UM, Wilderness and Civilization is accepting applications for our fall 2021 program until April 1.  Our unique, field-based semester program leads to a minor in Wilderness Studies.  We explore concepts of wilderness and human relationships to wildness through an interdisciplinary lens. We also spend 25 days in the field, including a 10-day backpacking excursion to the Rocky Mountain Front, a 3-4 day float trip on the Clark Fork River, and numerous 1-3 day trips into the backcountry of western Montana.

Undergraduates may apply for the program through our website<https://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/education/wc/default.php>.  For more information, contact Andrea Stephens, Director of Undergraduate and Field Education at the Wilderness Institute. Contact Andrea at 406-243-6956 or andrea.stephens at mso.umt.edu

ANDREA STEPHENS

DIRECTOR OF UNDERGRADUATE AND FIELD EDUCATION

WILDERNESS INSTITUTE

W.A. FRANKE COLLEGE OF FORESTRY AND CONSERVATION

MAIN HALL 308, MISSOULA, MT 59812

PHONE: (406) 243-6956

U N I V E R S I T Y  O F  M O N T A N A

The University of Montana acknowledges that we are in the aboriginal territories of the Salish and Kalispel people. We honor the path they have always shown us in caring for this place for the generations to come.