[MCN] 350 Montana Is Hiring a Climate Action Coordinator

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:25:53 EST 2022

350 Montana is seeking the perfect person to help develop and coordinate
bold, strategic climate action. Our mission is to move Montana from its
dependence on coal and methane to a greenhouse-gas-free energy system. We
are working with the People Vs. Fossil Fuels Coalition
<https://peoplevsfossilfuels.org/> (1200 organizations nationwide) and
others in Montana who want to de-fund fossil fuels.

If you have two years’ experience in leadership, organizing climate action,
we want you to apply. We've just extended the deadline for applications to
December 1.

Our complete job description with instructions on applying is on our
website, www.350montana.org (Download the PDF
<https://www.350montana.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/350-Montana-Climate-Action-Coordinator-Job-Description.pdf>)
Questions? Email yswolfhowl at gmail.com.

350 Montana is 10 years old and has been an all-volunteer organization. We
are working in a state that is ground zero for fossil fuel exploitation and
where there is a high degree of climate denial.

Yet we have had success defeating the expansion of coal mining and export.
We have stood up to stop our monopoly utility, NorthWestern Energy, from
building new methane generators. At public hearings, street demonstrations,
and courtrooms we bring urgency to the climate movement. In 2021, we
commissioned a modeling study by a Colorado firm, Vibrant Clean Energy,
that proved the cleanest energy is now the cheapest energy. As determined
by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, we are in "a code red for
humanity" and must cut greenhouse gas emissions immediately to make the
Great Transition to a 100-percent carbon-free Montana.

Jeff Smith, co-chair, 350 Montana, P.O. Box 7006, Missoula, MT 59807