[MCN] The Council of Poetry - Six week donation-based online poetry course

Kristopher Drummond drummondkristopher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:06:57 EDT 2023

Hey Missoula,

I am hosting a six week online course called "The Council of Poetry" taking
place on Monday evenings from August 7th - September 11th. The intention is
to create a sacred space for listening, writing, and speaking from the
heart. Similar to the Christian tradition of Lectio Divina,
poetry-as-council opens our capacity to listen deeply, to "the words under
the words." As we open up to the feeling in a poem, we move to writing our
own poems from that exact feeling, following the energy of the words moving
through the body. After we write, we are invited to share, noticing what
new edge we're standing on; in what ways we have surprised ourselves with
what we didn't know we knew.

This course is for new or seasoned writers alike. Focusing less on
"correct" poetry and more on the simple practice of listening and writing,
this is an opportunity for a corrective experience around what it means to
claim the power of language and naming, (and being seen in our heartfelt
words) as a human birthright.

To learn more, go to
https://www.kristopherdrummond.com/event-details/the-council-of-poetry-mondays-6-00-pm-est-8-7-9-11