[MCN] Space available on Polar Bear Ecology Field Course 10/29-11/6

Shannon Donahue gbf at greatbear.org
Wed Jul 12 13:59:40 EDT 2023

The Great Bear Foundation just had space open up on our fall Polar Bear
Ecology Field Course in Churchill, Manitoba on Hudson Bay, due to a
group cancellation. This is a low-impact, conservation-focused
experience observing polar bears and other arctic wildlife in their
natural habitat at the peak of the Western Hudson Bay polar bear
migration, as the bears arrive to Cape Churchill waiting for the first
sea ice to form. The trip runs October 29 to November 6, including two
nights on the train between Winnipeg and Churchill each way. We are in
Churchill for five full days, from October 31 to November 4 before
boarding the train the night of November 4. Meals and accommodations at
a research facility just outside of Churchill in the Churchill Wildlife
Management Area are provided.
For more information, visit http://greatbear.org/field-courses/

--
Shannon Donahue
Executive Director

Northern Office: PO Box 1616 ~ Haines, AK 99827
112 White Fang Way, Dalton City, Haines, Alaska
Phone: (907) 766-2024  Cell: (907) 303-2327

Montana Office: PO Box 9383 ~ Missoula, MT 59807
Phone: (406) 829-9378

"In the end, the most difficult aspect of making real gains in grizzly
bear
conservation may be mustering the social and political will to implement
change.”

-Gibeau, Clevenger, Herrero and Wierzchowski, 2002